FALL CLEANUP 2023
Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
Time: 9:00am -11:00am
Cost: Free for Westlake residents with proof of residency*
Location: 1400 Solana Blvd Parking Lot, behind Parking Garage A
The annual Fall Cleanup event offers residents a one-stop drop-off event with several stations: The Crud Cruiser, electronics recycling, document shredding, and bulk/brush trash. It's a great time to schedule your neighborhood clean-ups & garage clean-outs!
- Bring a current driver's license as proof of residency or a recent water bill with a driver's license that matches the name on the water bill
- The event is conducted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please follow all instructions of the personnel who are operating the collection.
STATION #1 - CRUD CRUISER
The Crud Cruiser has designated compartments for different types of hazardous waste that must be kept separate. When the compartment for a type of hazardous waste is full, no more of those types of items can be accepted.
- Leave products in original, marked containers. If unlabeled, please label the contents clearly.
- Place leaking containers in a second container of like material (glass for corrosives, metal for flammables).
- Place items securely in boxes or bins (no trash bags) in the trunk of the car or bed of pickup.
- Remain in the vehicle and allow staff to unload waste.
Hazardous waste items typically include, but are not limited to, paint, pesticides, antifreeze, oil, batteries (all kinds, including car batteries), brake fluid, fluorescent light bulbs, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), herbicides, and pharmaceuticals.
STATION #2 - ELECTRONICS RECYCLING (United Recycling)
Just about anything with a battery or that plugs in is acceptable, including appliances. Certain larger items will carry a small fee however, the Town of Westlake will cover the first $25 in fees. If you have large items or CRT monitors, please be prepared to pay with cash or check. In addition to electronics, they accept toys, exercise equipment, and textiles.
- $10 per CRT monitor
- $20 freon removal for refrigerators or AC units
- $20 for certified hard drive wipes
STATION #3 – DOCUMENT SHREDDING
Bring paper to be shredded in a cardboard box or paper bag that you do not need to be returned. Limit 4 boxes per resident.
STATION #4 – BULK/BRUSH TRASH DROP OFF
Two large dumpsters for bulk waste will be available all day Saturday and Sunday. Bulk waste items typically include mattresses, furniture, home goods, decorative items, rugs, and appliances without Freon/refrigerant. No commercial or construction waste will be allowed.
STATION #5 – COMMUNITY STOREHOUSE & STEPPING STONES FOUNDATION WILL BE ACCEPTING DONATIONS
Community Storehouse will be accepting donations of food, clothing, furniture, and household items, as well as personal hygiene and baby items.
Stepping Stones Foundation will be on-site to accept gently used clothing, accessories, home decor, purses, and jewelry.
Please note: This event is for Westlake residents only. A valid ID or Utility Bill will be required to prove Westlake residency. No construction waste!
If you have an item that you are not sure is acceptable, please contact
Westlake Public Works at 817.490.5732
Republic Services at 817.332.7301